Monday, September 24, 2012

Wedding - Faiq and Mawar

Attended my best friend's son's wedding last Saturday, 22nd Sept.  The venue - Masjid Tengku Kelana Putra in Kelana Jaya. I had totally forgotten about the invite till last Thursday when browsing through some text messages meant to be deleted.  I was considered lucky.  If not, Ngah would have strangled me because I have told her much earlier, back in early August that I would attend.  Ngah is one of my best friends during our college days.  Way back during those days, in those chapter of life, there were four of us - Zaini (Ngah), Fuziah (Chik), me (Teh) and Liza (adik).  Liza is adik because she is the youngest among us.  She's now based in A.Star.  Whenever I was up in the north, I will try to find time to meet her.  

Wanted to attend the nikah ceremony scheduled same day, same place at 10.00 am, but was tied up with things back home that we only managed to attend the reception which started at 12 noon.  Yes, I was there on time - at 12.00 noon.  As usual, I packed my baggage (it's kakak and adik) to bring along with me.  I am so lucky to have them accompanying me to functions such as this.  And they practically knew most of my close friends.  Honestly, not many that I have.   Lots of acquaintances, yes.  Entering the venue, we were welcomed with  bright colours of orange and black - the wedding theme colour.  And greeted by Ngah in her glamorous baju kurung.  She looked happy and radiant - welcoming a daughter into the family.  Congratulations, Ngah.

It was an interesting mini re-union for us.  We talked, we laughed and definitely not forgetting to reminisce our pasts.  Kakak and adik had a good time laughing at our stories and jokes. 

The wedding was one of the most 'cool and calm' reception I had been, despite the bright colours.  It was a buffet style reception. I loved the simplicity yet so awesome settings. Loved the fact that there were no rush, guests coming in, had their food, mingling around for a while and left.  It was a really nice affair.  The bride and groom came down to meet guests and had their pictures taken.  Such a sweet couple.  Ngah, such a long way, you now had a daughter-in-law.  Wishing Faiq and Mawar happiness till the end and the very best in opening a new chapter in this new 'life' together.

The awesome settings ........simplicity works.




And us ... posing happily ever after ...







Time to say goodbye.  I was there from 12 noon till almost 2.30 pm.  That was such a long time to sit and talk in a wedding, right?  Anyway, we had fun.  Besides Chik, Hasni, Norita and Jat, I met Syid, Tina and also Kak Ji on our way out.  It was definitely a good mini re-union for us.  We parted with a promise to meet again... insyaAllah...

No comments:

Post a Comment