Thursday, December 17, 2009

Up north, where I once belong.....









Trip down memory lane... once again. Drove down to Alor Star over the weekend of 12/13 December 2009 together with kakak and adik. The things that we wanted to do, yes, we managed to, almost. Visits to Rumah Kelahiran Mahathir, Rumah Merdeka, Muzium DiRaja, Masjid Zahir, et al. Pictures of the places we visited, I'll just let the girls upload in their respective blogs.

And the significance of all pictures here .....???? Alor Star train station - I was holding back tears, walking through, looking at all corners of the almost 'deserted' station. The memories of yesteryears, memories of arwah ayah to be exact. This station somehow reminded me so much of him. This was where he would take us when we were kids (me and my eldest sis) to take the train to Butterworth. As kids those trips were much awaited. And many years later he would take the train to visit me and my sister in KL, before he decided to take the bus, instead. Much easier and faster, he used to say. Not much activities at this station anymore. I was being emotional, yes. But I love doing it, I still wanted to be a part of what I used to be. I do not want those memories to go away.



The above?? This was where arwah ayah used to frequent those days. The food still tasted the same. Enjoying our meal of pasembor, mee rebus, mee goreng... my mind drifted off to the old days. I miss him, yes.


Visiting few other places, and became emotional over and over again, I decided to have one last look at the house where I grew up. Mak has left for KL with Sharos. Yes, the house looked so deserted. It was a picture of loneliness....
Alfatihah for arwah ayah.... May Allah bless his soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment