Friday, February 10, 2012

If I could catch a rainbow ....

Looking through some old and almost worn-out files, I found stacks of printed inspirational quotes / poems which I thought of sharing.  I will once a while publish and share the ones which I love and definitely brought a lot of meaning to life so that when I am done - I can throw the files away.  But the memories stays .....


If I Could Catch A Rainbow
(by Sandra Lewis Pringle)


If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you
And share with you its beauty
On the days you are feeling blue


If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own
A place to find serenity
A place to be alone


If I could take your troubles
I would toss them into the sea
But all these things
Are impossible for me


I cannot build a mountain
Or a catch a rainbow fair
But let me be what I know best
Someone who will always be there ....

@@@@@
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.  
They must be felt with the heart."



4 comments:

  1. I knew it but have forgotten this lovely poem on friendship. I think I will copy and paste it somewhere where I can get back to.

    Like you I have old files that I look at from time to time, just to to go back in time and be with, in my case, many who have left earlier. Life's like that, Linda; the old friendship and the memories of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason why I kept and read from time to time. Brought back lots of fond memories - those days of simple and less stressful life. Will put in more when I have the time.

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda, thats beautiful. I always appreciate people who love poetry.
    Here's one I love very much.....for you.

    The Road not Taken.
    Robert Frost.

    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could

    To where it bent in the undergrowth;
    Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same,
    And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

    You have a nice day, and keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing. That was wonderful. Wishing you all the best always.

      Delete