Friday, April 8, 2011

Long Mah & 'Bok'.....


I went back to Sg. Korok few weeks back. Just a day trip. Balik visit kubur arwah ayah, arwah tok & tok wan in Sg. Korok and later to Masjid Bukhary, visiting kubur2 my late grandmother (sebelah mak) and aunties. Balik masa tu memang niat nak visit all the kubur. Alhamdulillah, mission accomplished! In Sg. Korok, managed to also visit my mak sedara whose husband passed away last December. This uncle, we called him Njang 'Ad was ayah's cousin. After ayah passed away, we turned to him for help on lots of things. Whenever we managed some collections for masjid, for tahlil, we turned to him for help. Hearing the wife recollecting his last moments was quite a sad affair. Njang Som was a strong woman but this strong woman succumbed to the sadness and cried. I cried too! Melodrama sungguh! But this is life. Njang 'Ad has gone to meet his Creator. Our time will come. Sooner or later - no one can tell. After the sad episode dekat rumah Njang Som, I left to visit another aunt, Long Mah. Long Mah dengan Njang Som are biras (their late husbands were brothers). Long Mah dah tua. She was telling my girls that her age dah close to 100! She can't walk anymore, mengesot saja around the house. She was alone at home when we arrived. I asked her - "Long kenai dah cek?". Dia jawab - "Bok ka?" Bok is my sister. When I corrected her, dia angguk. "Ohh.. Da. Bok tak mai?". Dia ingat my sister ja. Hushhh.. how sad. Tapi tak pa. Aku sembang-sembang dengan dia, a lot of things. Dia ingat kami kecik2. Dia ingat arwah ayah. She told my girls about us kecik2 dulu. Before I left I took picture with her. She cried when I hugged her goodbye. Between her soft sobs and my sadness, I heard her saying "Bok mai lagi na? Bawak suami sekali"! That point of time, I did not correct her anymore. Basically I walked into her house as Bok, sembang-sembang as Da and finally left her as Bok! I hope my next visit, I will be able to see her again, insyaAllah. Maybe as Bok jugak. Can't blame her - we sisters in our age now mostly looked alike. Mak pun kata - anak2 dia semua pakai tudung pipi nampak macam ubi kentang! Wow.. that's mak. Dia pernah kata - aku tak boleh jadi 'datin' sebab aku 'samseng pak lohor'. Agaknya orang Kedah saja tau apa makna samseng pak lohor tu. Or maybe mak aku sorang ja yang tau. Wallahua'lam!

I love reminiscing those days, walau dalam serba kepayahan, we had fun. I missed my kampung house buat most of all I missed arwah ayah. Alfatihah untuk semua yang telah meninggalkan kita.

Rasulullah SAW bersabda yang bermaksud :

"Tidak beriman seseorang kamu, sehingga dia mencintai saudaranya seperti dia mencintai dirinya sendiri." [Hadis diriwayatkan oleh Al-Bukhari dan Muslim]

2 comments:

  1. How wondeful it is to be able to remember past events in our life and reminisce. I am lucky to have kept diaries during my student days, noting down certain significant events. However, simply reminiscing can be just a day dreaming. On the other hand, if we can take stock and use our past to guide our future we will be a wiser person and will able to guide others.That is my belief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al-Manar - thank you for the very thoughtful words. Almanar-Nuri is one of my favourite blogs which I would visit everyday. Most articles brought back the memories of those yesteryears. Thank you for the sharing. And most of all, thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete